- BA Honors Specialization in Kinesiology
- Canfit Pro/GLPTI Personal Training Specialist
- Standard First Aid CPR C & AED Certified
- NCCP Olympic Weightlifting Level 1 Certification
- Two-time Canadian National Champion in competitive jump rope
- Member of Team Canada at the 2006/2008 World Jump Rope Championships
- Canadian National record holder for consecutive triple unders in 2008
- Silver medalist at the 2014 Hybrid Open, Olympic Weightlifting Meet
Fitness and athletics have always been a huge part of life. Growing up, I didn’t play your typical sport; I competed in jump rope. I began at the age of 10 with Jump Rope for Heart and eventually made it onto a competitive team where I competed at the National and International level.
My jump rope days came to an end once I got to University. I enrolled in the Kinesiology program at Western and turned to strength training to stay in shape. Last summer I was introduced to Olympic weightlifting and was given the opportunity to compete in my very first meet. After realizing how much I love the sport, I have decided to continue with competing and have started my journey to becoming a certified Olympic lifting coach.
In relation to my passion for athletics, I have always had a passion for inspiring others. Coaching has allowed me to put my passion into practice and help transform the lives of those seeking to reach their goals. There is nothing more satisfying than watching individuals succeed and helping them reach their fullest potential. I love working with athletes, watching them set goals, and achieve them. It is extremely rewarding knowing I can contribute to improving their performance as an athlete and achieve things they never thought were possible.